Job hunting is one of those things that just doesn't come naturally. It takes practice, openness to changing your perspective, and grit. Here are some tips from our experts that describe the habits of those who have successful job searches.
1. They have different versions of their resume prepared for different roles and companies they apply to.
2. The best job seekers have a system, they approach it like they have a sales target over their head.
3. Successful job searches require us to let go of our pride and not be afraid to ask for help.
4. Leverage the network you've worked so hard to build, or if you don't have one, put yourself out there and develop it.
5. They’re bold! They proactively reach out to HR within the companies they’re targeting and ask if they're hiring people with their background.
Before you can adopt these habits, you’ll first need to learn how to properly set up a job search process. Then, it’s time to learn how to be proactive in your job search and get past the job boards and gatekeepers.
The Suite is a career management & networking platform for executives that provides its members with a variety of custom tools designed to help them grow their careers and expand their networks. Today, there are a number of companies trying to evolve the world of hiring, but none have taken the time to build features that support the job seeker in the way that they deserve. That's where we're different. We aren't just a platform where executives go to find a job, we're THE platform executives trust to help grow their careers.
Like what you read? Use the shortcuts below to share it on social!