5 habits you need to practice to improve your job search
Job hunting is one of those things that just doesn't come naturally. It takes practice, openness to changing your perspective, and grit. Here are some tips from our experts that describe the habits of those who have successful job searches.
1. They have different versions of their resume prepared for different roles and companies they apply to.
2. The best job seekers have a system, they approach it like they have a sales target over their head.
3. Successful job searches require us to let go of our pride and not be afraid to ask for help.
4. Leverage the network you've worked so hard to build, or if you don't have one, put yourself out there and develop it.
5. They’re bold! They proactively reach out to HR within the companies they’re targeting and ask if they're hiring people with their background.
Before you can adopt these habits, you’ll first need to learn how to properly set up a job search process. Then, it’s time to learn how to be proactive in your job search and get past the job boards and gatekeepers.
George is the CEO & Co-Founder of The Suite. He founded The Suite in order to fundamentally change the way executives manage their careers. Prior to founding The Suite in 2019, George spent several years in the executive recruiting space where he was fortunate enough to advise some of the world's leading VC & PE backed businesses on talent.